- Images (1)
- (L-R) Godfried Heydenrych - CEO BHBW Southern Africa, Roland Schuler - Member of the Management Board BHBW, Hon. Amadou Coulibaly Minister of Agriculture Ivory Coast, Hon. Senzeni Zokwana - Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of the Republic of South Africa, Gary Collar Senior Vice President AGCO Corporation Asia Pacific and Africa, Nuradin Osman - Vice President and General Manager Africa AGCO Corporation
- Links (2)
- All (3)
Fendt tractors launch in South Africa at NAMPO 2017
As a high-tech agricultural machine manufacturer, Fendt also offers a fully integrated track guidance system as standard for all tractor series from 100 hp, so that farmers can also reap all the economic benefits
South Africa has around 40,000 commercial farms, which together generate around 12% of the country's GDP and the introduction of Fendt recognises this growing market segment
On 16 May 2017, the official launch of Fendt (www.Fendt.com) machines in Africa will take place at the NAMPO Harvest Day in Bothaville, South Africa. Four tractors from the high-tech brand Fendt will be introduced into the South African market.
“We are delighted to launch our machines at South Africa’s biggest trade fair for agriculture and farming technology. With this market launch, professional South African farmers can now manage their businesses with efficient and powerful Fendt machines”, said Gary Collar, AGCO (www.AGCOcorp.com) Senior Vice President and General Manager Asia-Pacific and Africa (APA). “Going into South Africa with our sales partner, BHBW Holdings (Pty) Ltd, with Fendt is another important step for us to expand to markets outside of Europe. It's also an integral part of AGCO’s global growth strategy.”
BHBW Holdings (Pty) Ltd is a joint venture between the South African company, Barloworld, and Germany's BayWa AG. The joint venture will build on Barloworld's existing agricultural equipment and logistics technology business and comprises around 400 employees, 10 sites and a retail network of 40 sales partners in southern Africa.
At exhibition stand 43/44, four Fendt series tractors will be presented for the first time to visitors at the NAMPO show:
- The Fendt 200 Vario V is the smallest Fendt tractor with an output of 70-110 hp. With an outside width of just 1.07 m, this narrow gauge tractor is ideal for fruit and wine-grape harvesting. The self-levelling front axle suspension is unique and guarantees maximum comfort, ultimate driving safety and optimum traction.
- The Fendt 700 Vario on show is a versatile high-horsepower tractor with a power range of 150-246 hp, suitable for any application – from light green land use to dynamic transporting, to heavy field or fleet use.
- With a power output ranging from 275 to 396 hp, the Fendt 900 Vario series has been the front runner of the tractor market for large-scale farms and contractors in Europe since 1995. With a record result in the DLG PowerMix Test (242 g/kwh at just 10.7 g/kwh AdBlue, exhaust standard Tier 4 Final), the Fendt 900 Vario is not only powerful but also extremely fuel-efficient.
- With up to 517 hp, the Fendt 1000 Vario is the largest standard tractor in the world and is the latest and largest of the Fendt series. Its large tyres, intelligent ballasting and tyre pressure assistants, as well as unique, variable four-wheel drive, deliver the right amount of grip in any situation – along with outstanding manoeuvrability.
As a high-tech agricultural machine manufacturer, Fendt also offers a fully integrated track guidance system as standard for all tractor series from 100 hp, so that farmers can also reap all the economic benefits by saving on seeds, fertilizers and spraying agents.
“We are expanding our product strategy towards worldwide needs for professional farming under the toughest conditions. South Africa is fully integrated into this strategy and an important contributor to our growing ambition” said Vice President and Fendt Brand Director Peter-Josef Paffen. “We developed the Fendt 2020 strategy. It stands for a strong worldwide growth for the Fendt brand and it’s intended to grow the production volume at the German tractor plant from this year of approximately 15,000 tractors to 20,000 in the year 2020.”
South Africa has around 40,000 commercial farms, which together generate around 12% of the country's GDP and the introduction of Fendt recognises this growing market segment.
“Introducing the Fendt brand in South Africa is another important step for AGCO and also a positive sign for future agricultural development in South Africa,” says Nuradin Osman, Vice President Africa. “South Africa was the natural choice for launching this important brand on the continent. For years, Fendt tractors have been setting standards in efficiency and performance in Europe and this is what South African farmers demand as well.”
Distributed by APO on behalf of AGCO Corporation.
AGCO Africa Press Office
Tel: +27 (82) 0407543
Fendt Press Office / PR
Tel: +49 (0) 8342 / 77 - 343
Mobile: +49 (0)171 / 4135581
Fendt (www.Fendt.com) is the leading high-tech brand within the AGCO Corporation, geared towards customers with the highest demands. Tractors and harvesting machines from Fendt are at work in farming enterprises and other interesting areas of application on fields around the world. In many areas of agricultural engineering, Fendt is the pioneer for trendsetting developments. Fendt customers therefore benefit earlier from the innovative technology for enhancing performance, efficiency and profitability in their farming businesses. AGCO Fendt employs some 4,200 people in the areas of research and development, sales and marketing, production, service and administration at its Marktoberdorf, Asbach-Bäumenheim, Hohenmölsen and Feucht sites in Germany.
www.Fendt.com/ www.Fendt.tv/ www.Facebook.com/fendtglobal
AGCO (NYSE: AGCO) (www.AGCOcorp.com) is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions and supports more productive farming through its full line of equipment and related services. AGCO products are sold through five core brands, Challenger®, Fendt®, GSI®, Massey Ferguson® and Valtra®, supported by Fuse® precision technologies and farm optimization services, and are distributed globally through a combination of approximately 3,050 independent dealers and distributors in more than 150 countries. Founded in 1990, AGCO is headquartered in Duluth, GA, USA. In 2016, AGCO had net sales of $7.4 billion. For more information, visit www.AGCOcorp.com. For company news, information and events, please follow us on Twitter: @AGCOCorp. For financial news on Twitter, please follow the hashtag #AGCOIR.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements which are not historical facts, including expectations regarding the closing of the acquisition are forward-looking and subject to risks that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by the statements. These risks include, but are not limited to, the failure to obtain regulatory approvals, the failure to satisfy closing conditions and the possibility that there will be a competitive offer at a higher price. AGCO disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements except as required by law.